AJUS has been established as a not-for-profit international membership association to strengthen the faith based identity and
implementing the shared mission of the universities, colleges and other
institutions of higher education that operate in the Catholic and Jesuit
tradition. Though independent of the Society of Jesus, it seeks to
realize its main objective in close cooperation with the Society.
More specifically, AJUS seeks to promote the:
- International cooperation among academics who work at Jesuit
institutions of higher education or who are otherwise interested in and
committed to the specific faith based identity and mission of these
- Global exchange of experiences with and knowledge about Jesuit higher education in the 21st century;
- Formation of students around the world as men and women for and with others for the greater Glory of God;
- Development of international research projects that seek to find God
in all things and the dissemination of new knowledge thus acquired;
- International cooperation among Jesuit institutions of higher
education towards global peace, social justice, care for the
marginalized in society, and a sustainable environment.
AJUS is open to anybody interested in fostering the aforementioned objectives. To join, please complete this form.